Newby just brought a 1952 rapide and spares! Need advice please

Voodoovendor

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Newby just brought a 1952 rapide and spares! Need advice please
Hi great to be on here I've had vintage triumphs all my life but just took the plunge!
Have lots of questions .. This bike has had the same owner since the early seventies and popped up on eBay last week
Iam told it a 1952 series c rapide
Have no idea if it's matching numbers and does that matter these days ...
Bare with me as iam holiday and working off my mobile
Glad got be here and look forward to any advice on this model or some may even know the bike

Will the engine number and reg help ? Many thanks vv

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Welcome Voodoovendor,
First thing I would suggest is joining the VOC and finding your local section you will find a wealth of info and help there. As Vibrac has pointed out actual machine numbers being published here are frowned upon. Other than that fire away with the questions. I've found everyone here knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. I've learned quite a bit, and not all of it about Vincents.
Steven

Voodoovendor

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Contact machine registrar no numbers here please!
Thank you very much for the information I have emailed them today to become a member ,I would not want to Break the forumn on my first post!
Is there a particular reason why people don't share numbers? I also collect vintage guitars which have serial numbers which we share Freely ? Thanks

Voodoovendor

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Welcome Voodoovendor,
First thing I would suggest is joining the VOC and finding your local section you will find a wealth of info and help there. As Vibrac has pointed out actual machine numbers being published here are frowned upon. Other than that fire away with the questions. I've found everyone here knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. I've learned quite a bit, and not all of it about Vincents.
Steven
Hi Stephen thanks for your warm welcome As mentioned I will be joining the video say and hopefully that way I can get some help verify my machine I've been told if it is not matching numbers reduces the price and value by about 10% ?
Which is good to know is there anything else I should look out for on my machine which devalues it I'm very excited about learning all the details she runs great but has not been restored since the 1970s there is also a lot of spares with it Many thanks vv

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Thank you very much for the information I have emailed them today to become a member ,I would not want to Break the forumn on my first post!
Is there a particular reason why people don't share numbers? I also collect vintage guitars which have serial numbers which we share Freely ? Thanks
As an example my Black Shadow was sold new here in the states and your DVLA doesn't have the number on file. Conceivably you could re-stamp stolen twin with that number or re-stamp your Rapide as my Shadow for a profit when selling.

Hi Stephen thanks for your warm welcome As mentioned I will be joining the video say and hopefully that way I can get some help verify my machine I've been told if it is not matching numbers reduces the price and value by about 10% ?
Which is good to know is there anything else I should look out for on my machine which devalues it I'm very excited about learning all the details she runs great but has not been restored since the 1970s there is also a lot of spares with it Many thanks vv

For a little help identifying your machine model, date, and whether or not numbers match, check out the link below.
http://www.thevincent.com/vinprod.html
Steven

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help here and you may well find good information you can share with others while you are getting to know your Vincent. Best not to post machine numbers for reasons already mentioned and also not good to post telephone numbers, addresses or email addresses. If you need to contact people with personal information you can start a private conversation with them by clicking on their forum name found under their avatar.