New VOC Spares Company Web Shop

The VOC Spares Company Limited

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have an order outstanding and would like to know this as well.

A confirmation of despatch would be nice if your system can manage it!
Hello Bill and Cyborg
We only got the system up and running on the 15/12/21 so we are still learning what we can and can't do. Sales order history I am am guessing will show after despatch, making it historical.
As stated on our website, MPH and facebook etc, due to postal worker shortage, the post office gave us the 17/12 as the last pick up before the Christmas break and your order Bill just missed the last pickup sorry.
Bob

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
Hello Bill and Cyborg
We only got the system up and running on the 15/12/21 so we are still learning what we can and can't do. Sales order history I am am guessing will show after despatch, making it historical.
As stated on our website, MPH and facebook etc, due to postal worker shortage, the post office gave us the 17/12 as the last pick up before the Christmas break and your order Bill just missed the last pickup sorry.
Bob
Thanks for letting me know Bob, much appreciated during your Christmas break.

Cyborg

VOC Member
Hello Bill and Cyborg
Bob
Thanks,
My initial order which was shipped and received (in record time all things considered) shows in history. The subsequent (now 2 hopefully in time to combine them) orders don’t show yet, so was assuming they don’t go into history until they get shipped.
It would be nice if pending orders did show, if for no other reason that I would be sure the order went through… plus I’d be able to go back and see what the hell I did order because my brain has turned to mush.
so… if you do find a switch that will put pending orders in there, please flip it on if you can.

Vibrac, I’m aware of the Xmas shutdown. Bob had stopped by here, so I asked the question. He (Bob) could wait until after the 4th to reply and I wouldn’t be offended. Although my brain power is somewhat diminished I can still read.
All y’all have a happy New Year.

Cyborg

VOC Member
When I order things from VOCS I get a conformation of purchase by return email shortly after paying.
Yes… good point. I received an automated ( I assume automated) email after my first order with the new system, but no email for the second and third. Bob is aware there was something amiss with my order and is sorting it out.

Texas John

Non-VOC Member
I'm having a bit of trouble getting into the site. Several times over the last few days I have done the activate my account and have yet to see anything appear in either my inbox or my spam folder.
Frustrated in Detroit.
a.k.a.
Steven
Steven,
Do you have an email controlled by AT&T, e.g. att.com or sbcglobal.net?
I have same problem and I think the web shop vendor's verification emails are being blocked by AT&T (in the AT&T RBL (Resource Black (or Block) List) before they ever get to your email inbox. AT&T uses their own list, not one of the others which are shared and used by many ISPs. I have written Bob at VOC Spares with info on how to get this fixed and I hope this will solve the problem.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
John,
Yes my email is @att.net. Funny enough I wondered if AT&T was blocking for some reason but discounted that as Bob's emails to me were coming from @vincentspares.co.uk and I figured the activation emails would have the same @ source.
Anyway, I got bit frustrated with it all and just used another @att.net email I have to register a new account, which worked straight away. I used the membership number that was on the label of my December MPH when registering the new account. I wonder how that is all going to work out? Two different accounts with the same membership number. Plus I think, not 100% certain, that membership numbers are going to be changing. I'm sure it will all get sorted in the end.
Steven

Texas John

Non-VOC Member
I sent my information to Bob, who replied that they were putting in a fix "this afternoon, maybe (in UK I suppose)". Figuring it is now evening, I decided to retry registering my id, only to find it has been removed from the VOC Spares web shop system (email not found error). Only choice then was to create a new account with same email which did work for me. Interestingly, this did not require a confirmation from me at my email address, which I suspect would never arrive if it is truly blocked by AT&T - and perhaps order detail emails, invoices, etc. I assume any history carried over from old system will have been lost. Time will tell if this is fixed or problems remain.