• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

New SPOT TRACE will keep track of your Vinnie if stolen or "borrowed"

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member

vibrac

VOC Member
It does not look like a passive device so bluetooth would point the way to its location
In the garage parked up without some clever wiring it would be a case of follow the charging lead...
and unlike a stolen car bikes get put in backs of panel vans a better faraday cage than most places

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
I've had an Iridium satellite phone for over a dozen years now. I activate it and use when traveling in less than hospitable locals in extremely under developed countries and one thing I have learned is sat phones don't work when you can't see the horizon, you know valleys, narrow canyons, dense forests, and congested cities. So something that is going to track through satellites is of questionable use. I agree with Vibrac, unless there is an antena outside, inside a vehicle it would be useless, that is why sat phones have a plug in externally mounted antena for use in vehicles.
Steven

Warning! This thread is more than 9yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Photos from the 2022 North American Rally

Photos from the 2022 Annual Rally

Photos from the 2022 French Rally