erik

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
IMG_5823[1].JPG

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The late Big Sid used something similar with an umbrella type handle that hooked over the top of the spring unit.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
My Friend, The late Roger Haylett, Put this in MPH many years ago, I use it all the time.

Attachments

• DSCN0044 (4).JPG
    DSCN0044 (4).JPG
    540.7 KB · Views: 68

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Bill, I have really tried to work this out, but hard as I try I am unable to work out how the bottom bracket of your spring compression tool is anchored to the bottom of the fork blade or spring box, help me understand please.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Morning Peter, Just a bit of angle iron with a slot, The size of the bolt shank,
Undo the bolt a few turns and slide it in.
The top fitting, A thin plate with I think 2 x 1/4" threads, Goes in behind the top spring spring box
The angle iron with 2 small bolts, I wrap it in Gaffa tape, So not to scratch the paint and DON'T do up tight,
Just loose !!.
Or it will DENT the box !!.
Wind the top nut on the long stud, Not a lot !!!, Only needs half a turn ????, Just till pressure is released,
Support the weight under the engine, Remove the top bolt,
If you undo the top bolt a thread or 2, You can tell when there is no pressure by sliding the top box across
in and out a nats.
Then undo the top nut on the long stud till there is no spring pressure.
Remove tool and remove lower spring box bolt.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Ah, you fooled me by not have the bottom bracket in place for your photograph, just sitting adjacent to the bottom bolt, I couldn't see how it could possibly work, but I do now. What is the black clamp round the fork blade, electronic speedometer sensor?