T: Fuel Tank New Project

erik

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
IMG_5677.JPG

erik

VOC Member
New cylinder head from Conways and today arrived the mod. steering stem and some parts for the Burman clutch.

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
New cylinder head from Conways and today arrived the mod. steering stem and some parts for the Burman clutch.
Eric, do your self a big favor and purchase a set of Cometic gaskets from the Chicago section - email to phpeh@hotmail.com Then get the matching seal set for all the oil lines etc from Neal Videan - V3 products - see his advert in the back of MPH.

Also I see you are using the timed breather which when modified works very well. The modification is to widen the slot in the rotating sleeve so that the breather closes around 5 ABDC and opens somewhere between 15 and 20 ATDC.

Martyn

erik

VOC Member
Neal Videan sealing set is on the shelf. The special sealing set for the pushrod tubes I have from Vincent Speet and I will use the cometic gascets.Yes Martyn,I opend the slot in the timed breather as you recommend it.connecting a hose to the breather exit .Timing I did by blowing thrugh this hose.You feel when the valve opens and closes.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Wrong lower eye bolts on the shock absorber........Use the longer ones or you will limit the amount of travel quite a lot. Make sure you use the FF 36 Washer under the lower bearing race as well......... with this missing it will change the geometry a little.

erik

VOC Member
Okey ,but the way of travel of the shock is the same with short or long eyebolts,isn`t it?