• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

T: Fuel Tank New Project

Pushrod Twin

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Nice wheels. I suggest to bin that bottom yoke, purchase, or make, the modified one with the pivot point moved back.
The chain case will repair pretty easily, make a piece to fill the gap, keep the weld to a minimum.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Just a thought Eric, If that's one of the thick felts on the Fork Stem, We think it's a bit on the thick side,
We fitted one some time ago, And found it made it hard to set the bearings right,
It made the steering a bit stiff, After a few miles we then found the steering bearings were too loose !.
I now cut them in half, Same with the old type wheel bearing felts,
Just my thoughts, Good Luck, Bill.

erik

VOC Member
New cylinder head from Conways and today arrived the mod. steering stem and some parts for the Burman clutch.

MartynG

VOC Member
New cylinder head from Conways and today arrived the mod. steering stem and some parts for the Burman clutch.
Eric, do your self a big favor and purchase a set of Cometic gaskets from the Chicago section - email to phpeh@hotmail.com Then get the matching seal set for all the oil lines etc from Neal Videan - V3 products - see his advert in the back of MPH.

Also I see you are using the timed breather which when modified works very well. The modification is to widen the slot in the rotating sleeve so that the breather closes around 5 ABDC and opens somewhere between 15 and 20 ATDC.

Martyn

erik

VOC Member
Neal Videan sealing set is on the shelf. The special sealing set for the pushrod tubes I have from Vincent Speet and I will use the cometic gascets.Yes Martyn,I opend the slot in the timed breather as you recommend it.connecting a hose to the breather exit .Timing I did by blowing thrugh this hose.You feel when the valve opens and closes.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Wrong lower eye bolts on the shock absorber........Use the longer ones or you will limit the amount of travel quite a lot. Make sure you use the FF 36 Washer under the lower bearing race as well......... with this missing it will change the geometry a little.

erik

VOC Member
Okey ,but the way of travel of the shock is the same with short or long eyebolts,isn`t it?

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?