brnsrgn

New Forum User
VOC Member
Wanted to introduce myself. I recently moved to Illinois, USA (central region). I have a variety of different type (and manufacturer) of motorcycles. Bought my first Brittish bike a couple of years ago, with the plan to finally start learning how to care for them, rather than just having a dealer look after them. I have learned a little sorting my Commando 850, but have always wanted a Black Shadow.

Well, I just completed a purchase of a 1950 bike that has been with the previous owner since the early 70's. The bike has been well cared for, and ridden often. It is being shipped the end of this month. I am super excited about riding this dream bike. Less excited to tell my wife what I have done!

Looking forward to lots of learning and enjoying this new "old" breed.

Charles

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Wanted to introduce myself. I recently moved to Illinois, USA (central region). I have a variety of different type (and manufacturer) of motorcycles. Bought my first Brittish bike a couple of years ago, with the plan to finally start learning how to care for them, rather than just having a dealer look after them. I have learned a little sorting my Commando 850, but have always wanted a Black Shadow.

Well, I just completed a purchase of a 1950 bike that has been with the previous owner since the early 70's. The bike has been well cared for, and ridden often. It is being shipped the end of this month. I am super excited about riding this dream bike. Less excited to tell my wife what I have done!

Looking forward to lots of learning and enjoying this new "old" breed.

Charles
Dear Charles,
Welcome to the forum. Ask away and you should get plenty of advice.
Your first port of call should be to find your nearest section and see if it is close enough to attend a meeting and introduce yourself. Most Vincent owners will readily pass on their knowledge.

brnsrgn

New Forum User
VOC Member
I have been in contact with the organizers. I can't attend the whole event, but I will show up for at least 1 day.

Will you be there?

brnsrgn

New Forum User
VOC Member
I will try to attend Monday. Unfortunately, I have work commitments Tues and Wed that can't be changed. When you see a really tall guy who looks like he is lost, that will be me!