new member, purchasing soon

usefulidiot

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Just wanted to say hello, new member...found a nice series C Rapide and am now attempting to get the money together to buy it. A beautiful bike that i just cant resist and has seemingly all the Shadow stuff as well as the two front heads mod. I have a few Nortons, like to wrench on stuff and am extremely excited to own a Vincent. Check it out: (and yes i know it needs an Exide battery case) Also a center stand...hey where can i get one of those Dave Hill ones?

:)

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
Congratulations Useful and welcome to the Forum. Unlike Beng, I thought it best to use your first name rather than your last name.:)
Fortunately we have no Bengs here, it is a small but friendly group.
You will enjoy the Vincent. Don't sell all of your Nortons tho, you need to keep at least one!

Glen

Williegunn

Non-VOC Member
Looking at the attached photos I assume you are not married or have a live in partner, how else would you get to keep your Vincent in the living room?
Though now not married myself taking engine parts into the kitchen appears to be a cardinal sin, the whole bike in the living room, wow a very bold statement!!!

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
If the battery is good, just give it a couple of coats of matt black barbecue paint and it'll look 100% better !! I masked a little strip so I can see the acid level...
JazBlackShadowRapide.jpg

Last edited:

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Just wanted to say hello, new member...found a nice series C Rapide and am now attempting to get the money together to buy it. A beautiful bike that i just cant resist and has seemingly all the Shadow stuff as well as the two front heads mod. I have a few Nortons, like to wrench on stuff and am extremely excited to own a Vincent. Check it out: (and yes i know it needs an Exide battery case) Also a center stand...hey where can i get one of those Dave Hill ones?

:)

Useful,
Welcome to the forum. The Dave Hills stand is one of the best mods you can make. I highly recommend it. I also recommend joining the V.O.C. Nice looking bike by the way.
Steven

usefulidiot

Non-VOC Member
Thanks for the welcome and for the tips. Glen, yeah AccessNorton has a ton of good people and unfortunately a few like Beng. he actually PM'd me trying to get my goat some more.....i just ignored him. These pics are actually in the living room of the current owner. He has owned it for 13 years and has never even ridden it. Shorty after purchasing he became legally blind in one eye and doesnt feel comfortable riding anymore. It's currently at a shop i trust being gone over and checked out so it'll be ready for sale. When it gets to my house it'll join my '68 Norton Commando Fastback, 73 Norton Commando mild custom, '74 Honda CB750 cafe racer i built, and my first bike: '82 Honda XR80 that i got when i was 10. (currently 31, i'm betting that makes me pretty young for a Vincent owner) It would be tempting to keep it in the living room, but i'm sure my kids would climb all over it.

While i'm thinking about it...i see what looks like a breather on the front cylinder intake rocker cap....i was reading somewhere that this was a series D thing that some people retrofit. Does that sound right?