new member, purchasing soon

ogrilp400

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Yes put an exide battery case on, it really does look the part. Also I think that a V3 side stand is a better option. It can be fitted and removed into the front lower side car mount in a couple of minutes. It also weights a lot less. Oh, get one of these to fit to the back of the speedo, it will give the speedo cable a better run.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAGUAR-DA...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item232ff88549

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
Yes, breather cap is a "D" mod. Personally I think twin pull cables on the throttles are a backward step because you are always liable to get differential movement of the outer cables upon moving the handlebars- but this is only a minor observation. This seems like a lovely machine. Use it!!!

timetraveller

VOC Member
Hello Useful, if the standard breather at the front of the crankcase is still functioning then remove the one over the front inlet. The reason is that the original timed breather is designed to be closed when the piston are rising and a retro fitted 'D' breather will allow air (and dirt) to be sucked in. The alternative is to blank off the orginal timed breather. One or the other, but not both. Try it with the twin throttle cables first. I have used a similar set up for years with no problems. Nice looking bike. If it goes as well as it looks you will be a happy man.

usefulidiot

Non-VOC Member
Picked it up today! Starts pretty easily. Grabby clutch needs to be figured out, fitting the center stand in the next couple of days. LOVE the way it rides!

highbury731

VOC Member
"... the current owner. He has owned it for 13 years and has never even ridden it. Shorty after purchasing he became legally blind in one eye and doesnt feel comfortable riding anymore. "

I've been functionally blind in one eye since I was three. It affects close range spatial judgement, but isn't so important at distances relevent to riding. It just takes some getting used to - but his loss is your gain.

usefulidiot

Non-VOC Member
yeah he's concentrating more on hot rods..he has a couple really cool ones. Of note is his MG TD roadster with a supercharged buick V8. Going through all the documentation that came with the bike..definitely a mike white engine...came with some receipts from "Mike White Restorations"but doesnt say exactly what's in the engine....along with tons and tons of pages of parts reciepts dating back at least 20 years. Also the original riders handbook, about 100 back issues of MPH, Harper Motors complete parts list and parts diagrams, and factory spares lists that look to be from the 50's....blue with gold embossing. Several other little things but i won't bore you with them now...super excited!