New Member G'day and question

lindie

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Anyway, thanks again fellas, and best wishes from a pretty wet Balgal Beach (wet season in the tropics!)

Ken

mackay ain't quite the dry town i want it to be either. not tully wet yet but bordering on the stupid at present. glen.

Baytown

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
G'day Indie.
You're in Mackay, there's a Rapide in Townsville, and at least one other Vincent in the Cairns area. Do any of the Vincent crowd in Nth QLD get together? That's at least 3 in a 700km radius!
There's another post war Chief in Cairns now, but I don't know the fella, just saw the bike at the Kuranda Bike show where the Cairns Vincent was displayed.
I've been waiting on the 'Chasing Shadows' DVD to be delivered from a UK based retailer for 2 weeks. It arrived yesterday, with no DVD in the cover, and they won't reply to my enquiry re resending. Looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer to wet my appetite to get to know Vincent's better!
Best wishes mate.

Ken.
Hmmm, still coming up as a non member???

Albervin

VOC Member
G'day Indie.
You're in Mackay, there's a Rapide in Townsville, and at least one other Vincent in the Cairns area. Do any of the Vincent crowd in Nth QLD get together? That's at least 3 in a 700km radius!
There's another post war Chief in Cairns now, but I don't know the fella, just saw the bike at the Kuranda Bike show where the Cairns Vincent was displayed.
I've been waiting on the 'Chasing Shadows' DVD to be delivered from a UK based retailer for 2 weeks. It arrived yesterday, with no DVD in the cover, and they won't reply to my enquiry re resending. Looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer to wet my appetite to get to know Vincent's better!
Best wishes mate.

Ken.
Hmmm, still coming up as a non member???
Don't panic! These things do take a bit of time as John (the OS membership secretary) has been unwell. If you don't get satisfaction from the Chasing Shadows people tell them you will tell everyone on the forum. Sometimes it is easy for
paranoia to set in but I think that in some cases those in the UK tend to think we are far enough away to ignore or at least put off for a week or 2.:(

lindie

Non-VOC Member
least three others in town and a mate in emerald (also has indians) with one. not ventured beyond finch hatton with her thus far but a mate in cairns is keen for a get together some time later this year when i get back in the country post may. give me a yell and i'll drop through along the way.

fret not re the non member bit. even if it takes a while you know you are.

Baytown

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Good on you lindie for the info ref Vincent's Nth of Brisbane. With out fail mate, let me know when your passing through and I'll show you my bikes. Alyn, ref the British DVD sales people. I think it would be a well known company to the Brits, so I'll give them another day or two to reply to my repeated requests to sort this out. As far as I can see, they are the only ones on UK E bay who are selling this DVD. I don't like 'Stirring the Possum' too early as the initial comms were very professional and courteous. I can see how they may think I'm trying to rip them off for another DVD, but it isn't the case. (If I wanted another, I'd burn the original if I had it!)
Have a good weekend fellas.

Ken.