New Lightning!

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The one concern I encountered was when I asked about electric bikes at the local dealership, not this particular brand mind you, was range. It was dreadfully limited, 35 miles at 70mph. I couldn't make it to and from work. The salesman wasn't much/any help. His suggestions were pass a power cord out the window from my desk to charge it while at work or bring it inside and park it next to my desk. Neither of which are practical. Until they reliably do at least a 70 round trip at expressway speeds it's hydrocarbons for me.
Steven

vibrac

VOC Member
Electric bikes and cars are like every advert with 4G mobile and commuters on pushbikes wearing egg boxes on their heads: a total urban preoccupation. I live in the real world where its 10 miles to the nearest petrol station (now my other garage has turned into a Budgens) and I can clock up 100 miles just in a days activities. Highlands of Scotland? no home counties of England - but at least every ride is without frustration or jams.

Howard

VOC Member
Petrol Stations? I went into my local last week and filled the car (sorry) when I went in to pay I remembered I needed insulation tape. Me:"Do you sell insulation tape?" Cashier : "No mate, this is a filling station." They'd got food, magazines, wine etc etc

H

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes the dumbing down of all retail continues just look at any DIY store I see even the metal racks have gone now. And try and buy an old item/part from a rubbish tip (sorry 'recycling' center). Joe public will soon not know what a spanner is.No wonder the Italians tried to get the EU to only allow qualified mechanics to service motor vehicles, come to think of it soon qualified mechanics wont see a spanner if the computer tells em its stuffed its stuffed nothing to be user maintained. I dont think my definition of reusable, recyclable and repairable chimes in with so called environmental policy

Paul Coene

VOC Member
Petrol Stations? I went into my local last week and filled the car (sorry) when I went in to pay I remembered I needed insulation tape. Me:"Do you sell insulation tape?" Cashier : "No mate, this is a filling station." They'd got food, magazines, wine etc etc

H
A "filling" station selling food and wine ? Seems logical to me. ;-)
IniXOcl.jpg

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
It is going to come you are Negative remember the turn of the Century when the world was going to go end, its going to happen as sure as eggs are eggs, at 82 I use a computer spelling may be bad but I get There, and I still play marbles,