New Forum Functionality

G

Graham Smith

In my spare time, I've been working on an easy way of displaying useful information on our forum.

Peter Barker has already contacted me to say that he has lots of Series 'A' information that he'd like to share with Club Members who use the forum. He's currently going through his material, trying to rationalise it and to put it into some sort of order that will be easy to upload.

Likewise, I'm going to upload all the people who are on the Rider's Roll of Honour that Jacqueline wrote about in MPH over a period of months/years!

If you have access to a batch of material that you'd like publishing on the forum, please contact me. Whilst I can't do everything for you (not enough hours in the day!), I can show YOU how to do it. It really is very easy, and once I show you how to do it, you'll be able to add on a regular basis, and also keep it up to date.

Graham

G

Graham Smith

Apologies for the random images at the top of the screen on the homepage.

I've got to leave them there for a couple of days for testing.

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello Graham, I can't see photo of the day ? The grey Flash from USA and How do you start a thread. Sorry I am a bit Thick, Cheers Bill.

G

Graham Smith

1. Photo of the Day should be the top right module, just under the adverts. I can't believe you can't see it. Is everyone else seeing it?

2. To start a thread, click on Forums/Go To The Forums. Once there, you should see a list of all four forum categories available. Choose whichever forum is most suitable for your thread.

3. Click on the forum, and once there, you will see a list of all the threads already there. You will also see a big button which says 'Post New Thread'.

4. Click there, and you're off!

Give me a shout if you're still stuck

Graham

G

Graham Smith

Now that really has confused me.

What are you seeing below the ads, top right of the home page? - just above where it says you're a paid up member of the VOC?

G

Graham Smith

It sounds very much like there's a browser problem.
What browser are you using.

If you're not using it, why not try Safari or FireFox?

See how you get on - either that or clear your cache.

vince998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Graham,
Windows explorer both at work and at home on two diferent computers (The IT guys at work are security mad, so i expect not to see any pictures at work, but at home?)
Everything else seems to be working.