New Feature on the VOC Forum

G

Graham Smith

I've been busy working on a new facility for our forum, which I hope to switch on today at 2100hrs BST (Sunday 8th June).

Make sure you're on-line at 9pm to be one of the first to give it a test drive.

Your existing username and password will be recognised for this new feature.

Trust me - it's brilliant!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Graham Smith

Unfortunately, I've come across a last minute glitch on the new forum feature.

I've been busy working trying to come up with a solution, but it's beaten me at the moment!

I'll keep you posted on developments.

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Have a glass of wine and an evening off.....

Graham,

Have a well deserved glass of wine and an evening off - at least I'm toggling between work and the Forum....

Cheers

Stuart
Unfortunately, I've come across a last minute glitch on the new forum feature.

I've been busy working trying to come up with a solution, but it's beaten me at the moment!

I'll keep you posted on developments.

G

Graham Smith

The New Feature!!!

OK - I've now worked out what the problem was!

If you take a look at the second row of the blue Navigation Bar, you'll now see something called 'Rose & Crown Chat Room'. This is a live area where you access a chat room and 'chat' with other Members of the forum from around the world.

There is also a new module in the top left of the home pages so you can see who is currently inside the chatroom and on-line.

Only Members of the VOC can access this feature.

Your username and password for the regular forum will be the same should you be required to enter them again.

The main chat area is called the Rose and Crown, but should you wish to create a 'temporary' room where a number of people can go to chat about a specific topic, and to get out of the main room, it's dead straightforward to do. Any temporary chat room you create will be deleted immediately after the last person has left it, just leaving the Rose and Crown.

Let's see how this goes, but it shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to add audio and video in the future!

Have fun…

Last edited by a moderator:

pifinch

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Good fun, but I need to learn to use two fingers to try and keep up with the chatter! Well done, a nice feature.