Neville Higgins 02.GIF

David

Attachments

• Nevile Higgins Sprint Start MM Nov 1963 .pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 41

Calle

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I spoke to Neville today. He moved to Sweden about 1970 and in those parts of Sweden where we live, there is no tradition of ice racing.

I have asked the editor of our club magazine that will be published about May 1 to ask whether anyone has knowledge of any Vincenter-related ice racing. Without having any evidence, I think ice racing was common in Sweden during the 1920s.

Please visit our eminent website http://www.vincenthrd.se/Start-uk.html

Calle

Calle

VOC Member
Hello
It was Arne Blom, son of Malte Blohm, the importer of Vincent motorcycles who had the only Black Lightning that was imported to Sweden in the -50s. Arne Blohm lived in the Gothenburg area. I know he ran a couple of hill cimbs with his machine.

Two Lightning were sold to Denmark, one sold in the 1990s to Sweden and street registered by Sivert Bomberg. More info about this machine on our website http://vincenthrd.se/Diverse/BombergLightning/Bomberg-broschyr.html

This is what is said and I have not carefully researched the source.

Calle

calle_sjoblom@hotmail.com

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
The Bomberg Lightning made its way to California for a bit, went to a US museum for a bit, and last I heard, was in the US south.

What is the engine number of the Blohm Lightning?

Calle

VOC Member
You may ask Simone about the engine number. I only give information about the machines from our Vincent register to members of the Scandinavian Vincent Club.

If you can prove that you own a machine and are a member of SVC, I can provide some information. The information I have is engine number, Ufm-Rfm number and in many cases registration number, as well as on certain machines, old and current owners.

Simon has a copy of almost all information in our register.

Calle