Nero Replicas

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
On page 74 of the George Brown book, it says that George built three Nero replicas for customers. Is any history of them known?

ericg

VOC Member
As far as I know the first one was ordered from GB by French man Marc Bellon.
This machine has been restored by François Grosset about 20 years ago then sold.
I wonder where it is now.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Look in Philippe Guyony's book "Vincent Motorcycles The Untold Story Since 1946", pages 315 - 317. That tells the story of the Marc Bellon one. The book says it was sold to someone in the UK in 2009.

fabrizio (pistone)

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I own from a long time ago, the original paper (documents of the burned Rapide bought from the dealer Conway Motor Ltd. then used by George to make his drag bike) and the two number plates copies I obtained thanks to a british friend of mine.

I still love the above object of memorabilia, due I 've received it directly from Tony Brown with a signed copy of the Brown's book which was destroied when my house was under a storm in 2005, and a lot of water entered in the lower floor. Luckily the document and the plates were upstair and were saved..

Chris Launders

VOC Member
I was recently discussing converting to a swinging arm rear end with someone, try as I might I cannot recall who now, and he said he knew of someone in Portland Oregon with one of the Nero replicas. Anybody any ideas ?