Alyson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Top frame number RC3999 B or C paint needs to be removed
Motor F10 AB/1/.2099
Crank case 3VO on both
Was told it was a shadow painted red but not sure why
View attachment 48215
Hi, So if the frame number starts with RC then it's a series C model... the engine v.i.n. shows /1/ which is a Rapide model, the last letter on the UFM/RFM which you say reads either a B or C, well that now depends if it reads /B, /C which would indicate metric bearing at the (/B) rear, (/C) front and rear I believe, or, if the frame reads no slash, and a B at the end of the numbers, then that's a Black Shadow, frame wise. The numbers allude to this being a numbers matching machine. It's Very nice, and interesting to say the least.

1RedVincati

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks for you input the frame has no slash just a letter and I can only see the top part at first I thought it was a c but the top curls more than a c more like a B this bike has been red for 30+ years from when it was restored and I have a Picture of Phil Irving on the seat and Edith in the sidecar really nice to have meet them both.
Will need to remove some paint !

G

Graham Smith

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Top frame number RC3999 B or C paint needs to be removed
Motor F10 AB/1/.2099
Crank case 3VO on both
Was told it was a shadow painted red but not sure why
Send to me clear photos of all the numbers off the bike via the form below and I will then look them up in the Vincent factory records and let you know what I find. I do need to be able to fully read the numbers from the photo though.

Simon Dinsdale
Machine Registrar - Vincent HRD Owners Club