H: Hubs, Wheels and Tyres Mystery Vincent Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyn Goodwin

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Funny that. Love the price too.

Why do we allow people to use our forum as a resource to take advantage of our club members?

Agreed - have your section rep raise the matter at the next VOC execc meeting.

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Look at it this way.......we are contributing to the world wide " Vincent stock exchange".............. ;)
Greg, I think the real issue here is that we have a person who knows almost nothing about the marque, is not prepared to be part of our club but simply wants to benefit from our collective knowledge so he/she can make a profit.

Look at the assembly offered and you will see it is made up of three parts that all can be purchased from VOC spares for less than the ebay price! It is another example of folk with no motive other than greed attempting to exploit us.

Not only does the seller want to profit from our collective knowledge - then he/she wants to rip us off as well.

I think the time has come for the VOC to look very hard at blocking non-members having access to ANY form of technical support from the VOC resources, including this forum. Want support - then join the club, else bugger off.

Martyn

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
Greg, I think the real issue here is that we have a person who knows almost nothing about the marque, is not prepared to be part of our club but simply wants to benefit from our collective knowledge so he/she can make a profit.

Look at the assembly offered and you will see it is made up of three parts that all can be purchased from VOC spares for less than the ebay price! It is another example of folk with no motive other than greed attempting to exploit us.

Not only does the seller want to profit from our collective knowledge - then he/she wants to rip us off as well.

I think the time has come for the VOC to look very hard at blocking non-members having access to ANY form of technical support from the VOC resources, including this forum. Want support - then join the club, else bugger off.

Martyn

My point exactly. I could understand an individual with some parts that he or she inherited asking some questions. This fellow is clearly running a business to profit from our club. Its not really in the sprit of the club.

E.

davidd

VOC Member
Frankly, I did not look carefully enough to notice that the message was from a non-member. I initially thought it was a new member. Even if I had done less, the result would have been the same. I don't really want to support this silliness, but capitalism and stupidity seem to be comfortable mates. At least he was polite.

David

Last edited by a moderator:

brian gains

VOC Member
I was, then I wasn't and now I is. Being a member and owner does allow better/quicker access to knowledge and information. However in this instance I wouldn't get bent out of shape about it, imagine if the part had been a hard to source part, better it's out there rather than sitting under a bench because the fellah has no idea what it's from, Regarding the price, unfortunately the internet and feebay have levelled the field as everyone thinks they know the price of everything, where in it is only the true enthusiast that recognises the real intrinsic value of a part.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
There is always another way to look at things, If he didn't know what it was, It could wind up in the Skip ?.
There is a lot of money in House Clearance now, Because people don't know what they have ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.