Mystery Item

b'knighted

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It looks like an air horn trumpet to me, although I suppose it could be a cunningly designed funnel for topping up the gearbox oil!

vhman349

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
It is an air horn, my late uncle (pictured) was the first owner of this Shadow. It had several other mods including this on the other side I never asked him what it was. - Not sure if I attached the photo properly.

Attachments

• img017.jpg
    img017.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 142

A_HRD

VOC Member
It s fold-away crash-bar, only to be deployed in the event of an accident.... ;-)

Peter B
Bristol, UK

Len Matthews

VOC Member
It is an air horn, my late uncle (pictured) was the first owner of this Shadow. It had several other mods including this on the other side I never asked him what it was. - Not sure if I attached the photo properly.

By coincidence, when I was asked to do some work on MGO 621 by the late John Howard Davis he requested that air horns be fitted. Interesting to note from the photo that it seems the Shadow was supplied with Touring Guards when new.

John Smith-Daye

VOC Member
By coincidence, when I was asked to do some work on MGO 621 by the late John Howard Davis he requested that air horns be fitted. Interesting to note from the photo that it seems the Shadow was supplied with Touring Guards when new.

Ah yes! I remember Len, you forced me to release part of my stock of Audible Warning Devices.... left my poor little Comet quite lacking in noise, only 10 horns left on it after that.....

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
Here's a similar item betwixt seat and tank, on the ex-works Series A twin racer.......
worksracer.jpg