Mystery Item

Len Matthews

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Ah yes! I remember Len, you forced me to release part of my stock of Audible Warning Devices.... left my poor little Comet quite lacking in noise, only 10 horns left on it after that.....
Not forced if I recall, more like making good use of a car boot sale purchase.

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
David, that is the oil tank on the twin racer, the horn is right at the nose of the seat, fitted laterally at the rear of the petrol tank !! Cheers, Brian

Bikerjoan

VOC Member
I've studied this photo more than once & if it is enlarged you can see the gauze on the horn trumpet lurking in the background. On the primary side there appears to be an auxiliary oiltank with oil pipes & regulator maybe club members can advise further?
I think this photo was taken circa 1954, as the bike looked quite different in 53 Clubmans TT. Apart from the horn & Oil tank the bike remains pretty much the same today thanks to J.O Finch, Bob & Beryl Peacham & John Howard Davis. Len did the final fettling after a lay up including shorter chrome air horns which are still fitted ;-))

img001.jpg

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
I fitted Maserati air horns to my first Vincent C Rapide, they were certainly the best 6v 'audible warning of approach' devices available in the 60s !! Mounted the compressor on the nearside pillion footrest plate, the horns one each side of the headlamp.
MUV7661968.jpg

Ducdude

VOC Member
I fitted Maserati air horns to my first Vincent C Rapide, they were certainly the best 6v 'audible warning of approach' devices available in the 60s !! Mounted the compressor on the nearside pillion footrest plate, the horns one each side of the headlamp.

I have a set of thoes 6Vdc Maserati horns new in the box with the compressior and brakets, just waitng for my Shadow to get better....Where exactly did you mount the compressor?

Thanks,
Eric

ossie

VOC Member
Is that a photo of the bike you altered to look like a series a.
Is it the purple one or are they one and the same?
Ossie

Bikerjoan

VOC Member
Eric, mine is mounted under the bottom yoke, hope you can see on the attached photo?Len Matthews fitted it.

DSC00411.jpg