My Vincent

wadayathink?

• Total voters

baxter

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Peter Volkers made his own but it took him three weeks and it's hard to get something that is esthetically correct..in attachment Peter's rack. He still has rear suspension
IMG_3117.jpg

stumpy lord

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The one in KTB is for using with the seat still attached to the RFM, surely one with a fully sprung back end need not be as complex?
I am considering the possibility of something similar myself, would the springs need changing?
Chris.
The short answer is yes, you will need harder rear springs, If I remember correctly, I use Pettiford rear side car springs on my twin.
stumpy lord

A_HRD

VOC Member
Yes, this is VERY similar. You keep the rear suspension (springs and hydraulic damper) the same. But you have to remove the friction dampers that support the back of your seat on a standard 'C".

Peter B
Bristol, UK.
WANTED: Series 'A' Front Frame.

b'knighted

VOC Member
Didn't someone else recently post that Craven could again supply the original style fitting kit?
Craven certainly offer the the D rack as pictured but say it is not for use with panniers. Their W rack may be more suitable.
I did help fit an old L style rack onto a Shadow which had its seat carried on stays from the pillion plates. No other modifications were made to the bike which already had Laney Thornton rear suspension.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
I don't understand why some like the 30s approach to the bag mounts over the 50s. It appears that a serious of bent tubing that more or less keeps in the tradition of the thinking of B forks ,A/B head light brackets, rear and front stands A/B , all RFMs , fender stays and grab handle. All are to much to buzzy in appearance to present a first glance good look to the eye ,or at least that is my take. Why not go with the round sculptured look of the bike such as
the rear casting of the hinge, mag cover, C/D fork legs, C/D engine covers, C/D 5 inch speedo, and the most impressive of shapes, the gas tank on the B/Cs and Ds. I can envision a three piece bolt together polished aluminum casting in the tradition of the rear fender hinge that would be period and stunning in appearance. Dawning Helmut and flack jacket.

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
This is from KTB and it certainly shows a fully-sprung seat with no friction stays ??
rack_zps2e37b901.jpg
see above !!

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
Didn't someone else recently post that Craven could again supply the original style fitting kit?
Craven certainly offer the the D rack as pictured but say it is not for use with panniers. Their W rack may be more suitable.
I did help fit an old L style rack onto a Shadow which had its seat carried on stays from the pillion plates. No other modifications were made to the bike which already had Laney Thornton rear suspension.
Hi b'knighted, is the one in my pics above for a "D"? I bought it, and hard (like Bakelite) panniers on Fleabay.

Kevin