My new Vincent

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I need a bit of help with my new acquisition & I am sure someone or sometwo can help. First I need to know the correct spark plug to use. Then I am hoping there is a correct exhaust system available or at the very least a drawing of the correct type. Next is the fuel tank; again I would like the real thing but failing that, a drawing would be most useful. Finally there is a cover for the points missing; I think is is a plain rectangular plate but it may have a way of attaching a cut-out as there is a spare brown wire emerging from the points. As you may imagine, these are not too thick on the ground in Australia.
The engine number is T10AU/30F/7632 (I think).I will try to load some photos into Miscellaneous Industrial in the gallery.

Last edited:

Peter Stokes

VOC Member
Hello Albervin.

I have got a similar engine. Mine is T 07 AU/4F/3059. The crankcase, barrel and head look the same, but the exhaust and carb mounting are different. Maybe these could be varied according to different uses, and the differences in the first parts of the serial numbers are maybe some clue to the use, although information is difficult to find.

Try NGK B5HS to start with. I have not driven anything with mine, but for demonstration purposes it will run happily on a bit of throttle for half an hour - I have not needed to run it for longer than that. If you are running it under load it might need a colder plug I suppose.

Mine has an alloy plate covering the points inspection hole. On it is stamped instructions for petrol/oil ratios, and that gives a clue to which position mine runs in - with the crank vertical, in the manner of a rotary lawn mower. For demonstration purposes I have fixed mine horizontally (just turned the carb on its stub) and used an old mower fuel tank. There are no external wires on mine, apart from the HT lead.

There are some photos of it somewhere in the gallery, but I admit I have not sussed out how to find things too well since the gallery was revamped. If I can't find them I'll post some more, eventually. There are other photos from other contributors as well.

Pete

(I've found some photos in misc 2008 Industrial products)

Last edited:

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
I have a Rapier lawnmower fitted with the 75cc engine , I also have an original copy of the Vincent instruction and parts book for the engine. The plug shown in the manual is a KLG F70 , which is 14mm short reach. There is an illustration of an exhaust system shown in an exploded diagram in the parts section. There are some photo's of my lawnmower in the gallery somewhere , but I have never been able to work out how the gallery is organised so can't say exactly where.

Albervin

VOC Member
Have you tried George Spence who runs the Rarity Section?
Hmm, that may be a good idea. I actually sent a couple of e-mails to Bob Culver but had no reply. I seem to have scored a suitable petrol tank from an old JAP engined lawnmower so just a silencer required now.
Thanks for all the replies.