Non-VOC Member
dads bike rear high.jpg

dads bike rear right.jpg

dads bike side.jpg

some more pictures.

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have a couple of friends with Slater bikes. One was the first to arrive in Australia in the early 70s. It looked good but gave a lot of trouble. It is now in boxes at the rear of his shed. The other bike was a "kit" & there were a lot of problems getting parts to fit. I sincerely hope your (Dad's) bike will perform as well as it looks. After all this time it will need a thorough going over, starting with replacement of those old tyres & inner tubes. I would be very cautious about going for a anything more than a ride around the block before you gave it your full attention. Having said that it should be a real gem when sorted.

Tnecniv Edipar

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The most important thing to check would be the engine for internal corrosion. Even if there isn't any you would need to ensure that oil was applied to the various working parts before attempting to start it. Inject oil into the big end from the quill in the timing cover , timing gears , cams etc , rocker's and top end , few squirts down each plug hole the day before starting so that it can seep around the rings. Has it ever been registered ?