My dad's Egli Vincent dragged out the shed after 40 years.

6545george

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Pulled the old mans egli vincent out the shed a couple of months ago after being stood and not moved an inch for the last 40 years. How am i gonna go about this regards to starting it ? or should i get it looked at to be sure its all sound ? i took the plugs out of it and squirted some oil in the bores and it turns over nicely. Whats the first steps that need taking as one false move could cause £1000s of damage.

ossie

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
if its got oil in it and a spark and the throttle cables open and SHUT ok i personaly would give it a try i dont think you will do thousands of pounds of damage it will either fire or not.
then you have the quandry of how do i get it on the road in the condition i would be happy with.
GOOD LUCK.
im happy to use mine as it is and not be to fussy as how it looks as long as it stops safely, everything is working ok and nothing is amiss in its handling off i go
this is just my opinion.
OSSIE

Howard

VOC Member
Pulled the old mans egli vincent out the shed a couple of months ago after being stood and not moved an inch for the last 40 years. How am i gonna go about this regards to starting it ? or should i get it looked at to be sure its all sound ? i took the plugs out of it and squirted some oil in the bores and it turns over nicely. Whats the first steps that need taking as one false move could cause £1000s of damage.

George, Have a look around the threads (on this site) of the last 12 months, there's at least one where members have gone into chapter and verse of how to recommission a laid up motor. I wouldn't start the engine until I knew there was good clean oil in the vital parts.

H

Ducdude

VOC Member
George, Have a look around the threads (on this site) of the last 12 months, there's at least one where members have gone into chapter and verse of how to recommission a laid up motor. I wouldn't start the engine until I knew there was good clean oil in the vital parts.

H

Have a go here:
http://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk/showthread.php?1027-Getting-it-running-after-25-years&highlight=Getting+it+started+after+25+years%3F

See if that works...Good stuff there..

Eric