Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I thought I would start another thread instead of stretching the Acewell one
As I said the Goldie silencer was far to loud so I bought this on evil bay
1599389369414.png

I tweeked the lines of holes thus with a small philips screwdriver
you will find that many silencing baffels use this slanted hole

1599389837723.png

You will note that the end facing the engine is blanked off with a cap held with a screw
initially I will keep this in place
This can be removed so far I have only started the bike up in the yard (GCM stops play)
It just takes that nasty edge off the sound
I will hopefully get a ride on it today or Tuesday

vibrac

VOC Member
Well GCM over, I took the Egli Comet for a quick run round my test course I cannot say I felt a reduction in power In fact I did notice something I rarely feel on a Vincent, a point where it suddenly came 'on song','cleared its throat' etc perhaps 'coming on the megga' is a bit strong but a definite power surge that wasn't there before.
The whole lot has only done 30 miles but I like it and the cap stays on the mute at the moment

Dave Hulstone

VOC Member
Hi Vibrac.
i have been using a VOC spares spiral baffle on my big bore Comet and it has a lovely note. All that follow me remark on it. However, recently its been back into the fab shop to get re-welded and I fitted the straight thru with perforated baffle it came with when it was a 500 and it made it run a tad lean which I half expected. Fitting a slightly bigger main has given me more power for sure but by the looks I’m getting from pedestrians I’m not sure it can remain on. It does need a re-chrome and so I was wondering whether I could split it and pack some wadding around the baffle like I have to do periodically on my dirt bikes? I’m not sure if this have ever been done? I’m certainly liking the extra power but I don’t want to sound like a Harley.