Murphy Never Said It.

riptragle1953

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Everyone thinks they know "Murphy's Law"
'Tain't what Murphy said.
What Murphy did say was: "If there are several ways to do something...... and one of those ways will lead to total disaster, eventually somebody will do it".
Something to keep in mind when you think you know how to do something!

Albervin

VOC Member
Everyone thinks they know "Murphy's Law"
'Tain't what Murphy said.
What Murphy did say was: "If there are several ways to do something...... and one of those ways will lead to total disaster, eventually somebody will do it".
Something to keep in mind when you think you know how to do something!
Rip, it goes hand in glove with "A little learning is a dangerous thing"! Alexander Pope. 1709. Often quoted as "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing", the end result is the same!

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
Interesting. When I was building Vins people called me an expert which I would always correct saying no, I am only a student.

nkt267

VOC Member
In my trade my co-workers call me an expert..No No say I.
Definition of an expert----'Ex' is a has been and a 'spurt' is a drip under pressure..Hmm maybe they're right:D..john

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Over here, Murpyh's law says- all mechanical contrivances can, and will, go wrong.-usually at the most inconvenient time Especially when they have just paid the bill! Roy.

A

alan wright

Bonjour, I reckon you won't go far wrong if you bear this in mind ......."The Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic was built by experts !!!" Ride safely, shiny side up, best regards, Alan

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
Murphy's law got condensed into: What can go wrong will go wrong" There are of course many variations throughout the world.
But the subtle difference to what Murphy actually meant is it isn't like just "shit happens"..... Murphy held incompetent people responsible.