Mudguards

Blue-Vinny

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi all,

I am a new member and am missing both of the mudguards for a 47 Rapide.

What is the usual solution ?
What does the VOC spares scheme sell ?

I am offered a period pattern part front guard, believed to be from MCA ?
Here's hoping the photo comes out via this link :

http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=motos026ex7.jpg

Does this one look right ?
What length should it be ? (I believe this one is 100 cm, so say 40".)
"Original Vincent" tells me they should all be 5" at the front. How is this measured ? This one is 12cm "developed", which I am told means measured around the outside of the curve, so it sounds about right.

Pardon my ignorance and thanks in advance.

Ken Tidswell

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Mud guards

The Spares Co is supposed to be having made proper Birmabrite guards made, they will be of the correct radius and section. Up Till now there were all sourced from a monopolistic supplier.And are very poor, soft , and inaccurately made. But the VOCSC has found another source of supply. The best ones were stainless made over 30 yrs ago. If the VOCSC were to make some is S/S , it has been estimated that 200 pairs could be sold. This information comes from a man who used to do fibreglass replicas of touring guards, which look very nice in metallic grey paint.
the guard in the picture is the wrong section ,give it to a Huptimuert owner.

VinParts

Non-VOC Member
Guards

I think Phill might be wrong. 200 pairs??
Ali guards are still made and I will have a batch of new stock in a month or two but the last lot of SS one's were **** as the rollers are shot. Cost to put right would put a pair of guards at £250.
If 200 people ring me next month ordering SS guards then I might look at getting some made.

Blue-Vinny

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I have no idea what a "Huptimuert" is either and, as I wish to stay off the sex offenders register and off the CIA's terrorist list, I have no desire to find out !!!

Thanks for the news from Vinparts.
In that case, it's sorted and I'll get back to you in a couple of months.
If reservation is possible in advance, please put me down for a pair and let me know when they arrive. :)

nkt267

VOC Member
HUPTIMUERT..Could it be a derivation of machine made in england.A version of which was named after a big salt flat in America.

R

Rap998

Autocycle Engineering.

I bought a full set from a guy called Chris Williams? (Autocycle Engineering) last year. He said he used to do S/S ones but the tooling had seen better days. I bought a set of alloy ones and they cost £85. They are not the best fit for sure but after some considerable time I've fitted them and they look o.k.
At £85 I couldn't complain but I'll be having a set from the VOCSC when they get them in.

Hi all,

I am a new member and am missing both of the mudguards for a 47 Rapide.

What is the usual solution ?
What does the VOC spares scheme sell ?

I am offered a period pattern part front guard, believed to be from MCA ?
Here's hoping the photo comes out via this link :

http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=motos026ex7.jpg

Does this one look right ?
What length should it be ? (I believe this one is 100 cm, so say 40".)
"Original Vincent" tells me they should all be 5" at the front. How is this measured ? This one is 12cm "developed", which I am told means measured around the outside of the curve, so it sounds about right.

Pardon my ignorance and thanks in advance.