Where Are You Now? MTU809

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Yup, showed up as USA before, but now UK. I am only marginally older than you so have no real knowledge of how any of this stuff really works. My usual response is
"Ain't technology GREAT!"

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Thanks for your replies.
  1. vin998 - Yes, a 'Senior moment' the reg no. is MTU 809 not as I said previously.
Thanks Roland. MTU 809 makes sense as that is a series C Rapide. The bike was last reported to be around in 2015, but unfortunately the then owner is no longer a VOC member so I don't have any contact details.

Simon Dinsdale
VOC Machine Registrar

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Any idea who the owner was in 2015? He/she might possibly know where it went.
I do have the 2015 owners name in the database but due to data protection I cannot just hand out that name. The way it works is I contact that person and get their permission to hand over their name & if possible contact details to you.
The problem is I don't have that 2015 owners contact details as they are no longer a VOC member so I cannot ask them for permission. I only have access to current VOC members contact details.
Simon

mercurycrest

VOC Member
What a load, you’d think the VOC was MI5 instead of a motorcycle club! Just who in the government dreams these sophomoric rules up?

G

Graham Smith

Even if there was no GDPR I would be upset if my address was given freely I know and trust my club their dedication to owners privacy did not need the GDPR regulations to implement. For instance their control of the riders list has been in place for years.

I too would be cross if someone gave my name and address out to any Tom, Dick or Harry.

It's not too difficult to steal identities these days, without giving the fraudster extra help.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
It's a bit tricky, All these MPH s coming up on ebay, Lots of names etc.
Many years ago my Blue un was on the front page of Motor Cycle Sport, Someone rang Brian, Our top Man,
And asked where I lived, Brian said I was a West London member, That's all he would say, I never heard anything. Cheers Bill.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
I’m just on about why the contact info on last years members who didn’t re join is unavailable to the club officers, etc.. it all seems a bit “big brothery” to me.