Where Are You Now? MTU809

Rolandeb

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
In 1969 I became the very proud owner of a Vincent 1000cc Series C Rapide, reg. No. MTB 809. I paid £75 for it and rode it home! Sadly in 1972 I had to sell it. I'd love to know where it is now, not for any other reason than personal curiousity. There's no way I could afford to buy it back! Unless the price is still the same!
It is still taxed in the UK so I assume it's still on the road.
If anyone knows its whereabouts could they let the owner know my details, in the hope that he will indulge me and let me see a photo of it ( I could let him see photos of when I had it too).
I am Roland Elliott-Berry, from Cheltenham phone no. 07734 834104 email rolandeb@sky.com. I work at Battledown Brewery and there is a photo of me on the battledownbrewery.com (just in case any one is worried about security etc.)

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I was recently seen to be posting from Spain, where I was on holiday. I actually live in the UK so that might be the explanation. Big Brother knows where you are:eek:

G

Graham Smith

Yes, the flag shown next to your name represents the country of the last ip address that you logged in from.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Are you sure the registration is correct Roland? I cannot find MTB 809 in the machine records and it also doesn't appear to be on the DVLA system.
Simon

Rolandeb

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks for your replies.
  1. vin998 - Yes, a 'Senior moment' the reg no. is MTU 809 not as I said previously.
  2. Robert Watson - USA IP address??? This I don't understand. I have been resident in UK for 64 of my 67 years, 40 of them in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK. Not been in the US in the last 3 years!

G

Graham Smith

For some reason @Rolandeb must've been assigned a USA IP address yesterday by his internet provider.

It would've had nothing to do with our website.