Motorcycles in Brighton this weekend

champion

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Just a reminder that this weekend in Brighton Sussex is the:

Brighton Speed Trials - Saturday

A 1/4 mile sprint along Brighton Seafront. Former Record holders include George Browns Nero and Super Nero, R. Charlton & Charlie Rous stream liner, Ian Ashwell with Satan.
Current Vincent competitors: John Renwick Outfit and Roy Robertson Egli.

Starts 8:30am Finishes 18:00

Members of the Kent & Sussex Section will be marshaling in the Motorcycle Paddock all day. (on our Comets.)

Ace Cafe Rockers Reunion - Sunday

Motorcycle meeting on Brighton beach, the entire of the City Seafront will be closed as tens of thousands of riders gather in the City.
Bikes of all makes and shapes.
Organised by Ace Cafe as a run from London to Brighton - it is worth a look if you are interested in motorcycles.

Alex

Jim Richardson

VOC Member
Wondered whose bikes they were parked at the Sprint, I might come in for a look this year.
often thought it would be good to have a VOC stand at the Rockers, I've stopped bringing an old bike down for the event as there is no focus for old Brits, the scooters (love em or hate em) have cornered the parking at the start of the drive, but the old bikes are spread out for miles amongst Harleys and race reps, grouped together they would be more of a spectacle.
Jim

champion

VOC Member
Jim, I agree, which is why I am more interested in the speed trials.

Parked just inside the Gate will be:
My 'A' Comet
Nick Wingroves 'C' Comet

There are usually a couple of other Vincents turn up through out the day to support too.

I am always Impressed with 1930s JAPs, Cottons, Rudges and 1950s Nortons

Alan J

VOC Member
I came down from Daventry for the fun!!-but on my "Bonnie" as the traffic in Brighton is horrendous and no fun on an "outfit!" Good to see 2 "Vinnies" stomping down Madeira Drive ! It was lovely to see a 1901 De Bouton tricycle sedately "do" the sprint-even if it took about 2 minutes!

champion

VOC Member
i would say 2 mins was pretty quick.

I couldnt cycle it on a bike made in 1901 in under 2 mins!

That is a top speed of around 40mph!!!

Must be pretty scary.