Motorcycle number plates.

B

Bikersally

Has anyone used 'Pollards' for motorcyle number plates recently? Tried them several times over the last two weeks with no success. The number I have is 01909 563310.
Any recommendations apart from 'Tippers' for having a set done?

John Appleton

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Has anyone used 'Pollards' for motorcyle number plates recently? Tried them several times over the last two weeks with no success. The number I have is 01909 563310.
Any recommendations apart from 'Tippers' for having a set done?

That contact number was correct as per the latest ad. in Classic Motorcycle for December 2010. I can quite understand why you want to deal with Pollards, they are about half the price of Tippers!!

John

B

Bikersally

That contact number was correct as per the latest ad. in Classic Motorcycle for December 2010. I can quite understand why you want to deal with Pollards, they are about half the price of Tippers!!

John

John,
I used 'Tippers' last time. Sent them a template for the rear number plate and then they send me a stock plate! After a carry on I had to send another template as they had lost the first one and then he tried to charge me again for the rear plate. When I eventually recieved the rear plate it was badly marked at the bottom. Crap service considering he charged £55 for a full set.

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I am not known for originality but occasionally I find it worthwhile :)
So if you want to follow what 80% of guys in the 50's and 60's did
you can still get white stick on numbers and with care and a good coat of polurethane afterwards you can get that authentic look
(and have £50.00 towards that bit you really need)

Newbs1

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi,
I have used Pollards many times in the past. I have recently mailed a request with a digital photo of the old plate and number. A full set of plates returned by post no problems. Address as follows:
Pollards Motorcycles
Clarence Street
Dinnington
Sheffield
S25 2RN
Tel: 01909 563310
Regards,
Geoff