Misc: Everything Else Series 'A' Motorcycle Dealers in the Old Days

Stanley Chappell

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I am trying to trace the following l lavender and T H Marsden I think they might have been dealers I have some scraps
of paper lmplying they took delivery from hrd anyone got any ldeals or were they private individuals buying direct
from the factory
thanks Stanley chappell

Bobv07662

VOC Member
Simon reported this to me when I asked a similar question a couple of years ago...

"Marsden was a motorcycle dealer in Leeds who sold least 62 Vincents according to the Vincent factory records and maybe more. Their location was Hyde Park Corner, Leeds."

Hope this can be of some help Stanley.

Stanley Chappell

VOC Member
Simon reported this to me when I asked a similar question a couple of years ago...

"Marsden was a motorcycle dealer in Leeds who sold least 62 Vincents according to the Vincent factory records and maybe more. Their location was Hyde Park Corner, Leeds."

Hope this can be of some help Stanley.
Many thanks Bob Stan

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
20220323_165829.jpg

A Nut

VOC Member
Hi Michael,
Your catalogue is interesting. My other A Comet which I have now sold came from TG Meeten. They are still in existence but now sell small power engines rather than bikes. When I obtained my bike EPL160 it came with no documents and I was doubtful whether I would be able to keep the original registration number. The MD of the present Meetens confirmed that his relative was one of the directors and wrote a long letter confirming that they were HRD agents and it was almost certain that they had sold the bike new. The DVLA took this into consideration and gave me the original registration number
Brian.

Last edited by a moderator:

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Hi Michael,
Your catalogue is interesting. My other A Comet which I have now sold came from TG Meeten. They are still in existence but now sell small power engines rather than bikes. When I obtained my bike EPL160 it came with no documents and I was doubtful whether I would be able to keep the original registration number. The MD of the present Meetens confirmed that his relative was one of the directors and wrote a long letter confirming that they were HRD agents and it was almost certain that they had sold the bike new. The DVLA took this into consideration and gave me the original registration number
Brian.
According to the factory records 12 bikes went to T.G.Meeten Motor Mecca and all of them were series A:
10 Comets, 1 Rapide and 1 Meteor.

TG Meeten doesn't appear in the post war records so the above series A are their only involvment with Vincents.

Simon