Motorcycle Classics October 2016

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Article on an ex Mike FitzSimons bike:

Woodward Ave .GIF

http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/c...les/woodward-avenue-vincent-zm0z16sozhur.aspx

David

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I picked up this issue when I spotted it on the stand. The article is good but one thing I noticed is the author isn't really familiar with the area. North of 8 Mile (a.k.a Base Line, Vernier) are Macomb and Oakland counties, the county line east / west is Dequindre. As the mile roads cross into Oakland county those that cross into the city of Troy quit being 15, 16 (a.k.a Metro Parkway), 17, 18, they become Maple, Big Beaver (a.k.a. Quarton west or Woodward) , Wattles, Long Lake. Or more correctly as they cross into Macomb they become the mile roads as Macomb county adopted the mile road system. Now the cities south of Troy in Oakland county adopted the mile road system, which can really confuse those who aren't from around here. You can tell which county someone is from by how they refer to the mile roads or if they moved from one county to the next. Those that live in one county and work in the other usually refer to the road's name correctly with regards to what county the portion of the road is in.
Steven