Motorcycle ambulance

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Training? To ride a bike yes to drive a side car? Just a big field and half an hour. Sidecars are great stuff especially a trials sidecar with a good passenger
When the twats find an excuse for a blanket 50 mph limit that's what I shall use.

Jorgen Rutegard

VOC Member
Training? To ride a bike yes to drive a side car? Just a big field and half an hour. Sidecars are great stuff especially a trials sidecar with a good passenger
When the twats find an excuse for a blanket 50 mph limit that's what I shall use.
Well, in this case the passenger can not contribute to the ride...

vibrac

VOC Member
Nor could the sack of sand I used through the winter of 63 on the Chiltern Hills!
anyway
This is the sort of thing I was thinking of
1601365232318.png

Last edited:

Bart

Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Jorgen, great idea and it looks to me like a reasonably easy build and repairable. Also good to have the car style tow hook, so in any case you could also transport it behind a car.

What about a sort of dust cover? I can't imagine those dirt- tyres are not going to throw up a lot of dust/ sand/ lizzards and rocks. ;)

Have fun!

vibrac

VOC Member
Out of interest I measured my trails outfit the other day to see if I can get it in my van 140 cm =4.5 feet thats with a 1958 Triumph hardly a slim jim by todays dirt bike standards
It was a bit wider with the Comet:)
1601493669564.png

Jorgen Rutegard

VOC Member
Hi Jorgen, great idea and it looks to me like a reasonably easy build and repairable. Also good to have the car style tow hook, so in any case you could also transport it behind a car.

What about a sort of dust cover? I can't imagine those dirt- tyres are not going to throw up a lot of dust/ sand/ lizzards and rocks. ;)

Have fun!
Bart, you are absolutely true about dust and sand (and mud). In fact, in Africa we use a dust cover over the legs and lower body of the patient.