• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

MOT Certificates.

John Cone

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Took the Prince for it's annual going over yesterday. The new MOT certificates are a farce. My son when he was about 5 could reproduce these using Windows Front page Publisher. My mate who did the MOT says he has already had certificates come back for checking because the less honest of people cut out a square of white paper to cover up the section where it requires work to be done and then photocopies it leaving it blank. We know it only takes a phone call to DVLA to check the info but i'm sure people will be taken in by it.

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Took the Prince for it's annual going over yesterday. The new MOT certificates are a farce. My son when he was about 5 could reproduce these using Windows Front page Publisher. My mate who did the MOT says he has already had certificates come back for checking because the less honest of people cut out a square of white paper to cover up the section where it requires work to be done and then photocopies it leaving it blank. We know it only takes a phone call to DVLA to check the info but i'm sure people will be taken in by it.

Agreed. I gather station stations now have to provide paper and ink cartridges themselves for their printers. The new documents hardly look like a certificate do they?

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Yes, Just got my special done, Mind you, Last year I went to tax my ex' lightning and they told me I had no mot, I gave him the sheet and he said it didn't show on his computor, He said he would still give me my Road tax !! It had another month to run so I had it on me if I should get stopped by the police. Cheers Bill.

Warning! This thread is more than 11yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.