more on ethanol

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Since the goverment are still intent on growing ethanol instead of food and the while I know by reading the container that there are traces of nuts in peanut butter but not how much ethanol is in my petrol pump we have to rely on good old word of mouth

this is from another site who has a 'good contact' at Murco

Apparently some of Murco’s distribution centres are not geared to process Ethanol and will not be for at least 6 months. The parent company in the US has given the go ahead for conversion but these will not be effected until Autumn.
The following Murco distribution centres supply ETHANOL FREE they are not yet geared to supply ANY Ethanol fuel: Milford Haven, Bristol and Reading(Theale). They are the ONLY ONESThis means that anywhere south of the Thames valley corridor will be OK and north of that you need to check where you filling station gets its supplies from. Theale supplies to West London but not East. East London is supplied from Greys and DOES CONTAIN Ethanol, so again check which distribution centre is supplying in London. Anyway we are OK until June at least.

Perhaps it will take a fatal fire in an old car and lots of high cost lawyers to get 'them' to label pumps and give us choice

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
This is becoming such a problem over here as well. The EPA has approved the sale of E15 (15% ethanol) at stations for vehicles manufactured after 2001. Pumps must be clearly marked if they are E15 otherwise, E10 and below, the requirement to mark them changes from state to state. What is annoying is if the station has a blender pump which has multiple choices available and therefore multiple ethanol content the EPA is mandating that consumers, whose vehicles are pre-2001, purchase a minimum of 4 U.S. gallons of fuel to avoid damage to their vehicles. As if that is the solution. The links below are how to test for ethanol in gasoline and a listing by U.S. state and Canadian province of stations selling pure gasoline.

http://autofuelstc.com/autofuelstc/pa/ethanoltest.html

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=MI

Steven

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
We have lists which list only which lists are available..Problem is, thats all we have...lists...Feels like a Kafka novel!

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
It looks like not only a fuel advantage for the priveleged aviator, but also a noise advantage. If my bike made as much noise as some of thes "aerial mopeds" I would get busted every time I ride it! I feel it's maybe time that the noise brigade looked at these issues.

nkt267

VOC Member
We have lists which list only which lists are available..Problem is, thats all we have...lists...Feels like a Kafka novel!
Ohhhhh...I think I'm starting to list.Where you a Civil Servant?..John