• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

More Images

mercurycrest

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
bit more upbeat!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
  • 001 (2).jpg
    001 (2).jpg
    865 KB · Views: 112

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Yeah, boy do I! The gear box locked up in the mid 130's (broken teeth jammed between mainshaft and layshaft) and I tumbled 150 yards and through the lights at 121.04 mph! After that full Racing leathers were required. Still have salt burn scars on my back.
Cheers, John

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
MATSON HAS A STORY, WERNT YOU THERE, MAYBE TOOK HIM TO YHE HOSPITAL ,or do I have the story messed up , old age and all.?

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Matson hit something at about 230mph in '96. Double Compound fracture of wrist, plus all the other bumps and bruises. The Ambulance carried him to Wendover where a Helicopter landed and took him to Salt Lake. I saw a couple of boxes of car parts the SCTA picked up after Dave crashed, but they soon disappeared and no one from the SCTA remembers anything them. Jim Wilson and I recovered his bike for Arlene and loaded up their van.

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
Hi John

Thanks for the Matson story, back to your crash and burn story OUCH!! was it ol Yeller or another vin you went down on?

Warning! This thread is more than 9yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.