Montlhery Shadow 2

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Thanks.
Rider appears to be Cyril Julian, as his 2 tone helmet seems same as that of rider on page 62 of Peter Carrick's 1982 book VINCENT-HRD ISBN 0-85059-512-6 .
Cyril Julian was a member of a m/cycle club I was chairman of in the mid 70's. Cyril was a nice guy. I think he lived in or near Cromford in Derbyshire. He rode a BMW and organised a few breakfast runs for the club. I lost touch as I moved my main interest to Vintage racing with my brother John. I saw Cyril again at one of these vintage race meetings at Cadwell Park. ( This may have been late 70's early 80's. Can't remember accurately.) He had ridden to the meeting but did not seem to be in good health at the time. He was retired then so I think it unlikely that he is still alive now. The photograph is not good enough for me to say it is Cyril Julian and he would have been a young man at the time of the Montlhery ride.

Diogenes

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The Vincent "Made in Stevenage" booklet is still available from Stevenage Museum, St. George's Way, Stevenage, SG1 1XX. Price £3.50 + a !st class stamp for P&P. There's to be an Open Day there on March 17th; Vincent riders most welcome.

Thanks. Did anyone attend the Open Day?
Photos?