Monthlery Black Shadow for Sale ?

Vbert

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Just looked at this bike ,"The Montlhery Black Shadow" .Does anyone have any idea about it ? It looks like a superb machine .(I have a friend with a bike museum who is keen on it for a drawcard ) I have a few question on it though.

Is this the Vietnam one as was described in Vincent in the barn ?
Why is the lightening footrest holder crooked ?
Why do the rocker cover caps have red paint on "the Vincent" ?
Didn't the Monthery bike have a large tank not a small one ?
Does anyone know whether the engine no is correct or whether the bike had a trip in the DeLorean ?
Did monthlery bikes have this yellow french bulb ?

Any help appeciated

Bert

Vbert

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Due to the overwhelming responses, I think I have answered my own questions. Thanks to the person who helped.

clevtrev

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Due to the overwhelming responses, I think I have answered my own questions. Thanks to the person who helped.
Well it is a bit difficult to reply, when you neglect to give us the relevant information as to where to look at it.

G

Graham Smith

Unfortunately Vbert won't be able to access that thread, as it's on the Member-only part of the forum.

Graham

STEPXL

VOC Member
On page 75 Vincent in a Barn needs some correction .The Black shadow was flown out of Siagon by Murray Raynes an Australian pilot with Cathay Pacific [not an Air American pilot]. Bike was never modified or disapeared, it was then sold it to Greg Manning as in article in MPH 749. Now owned by myself Stephen Carson In pristine as new condition. I have spoken personally to Murray Raynes on the subject.

Albervin

VOC Member
It may be an idea to pass this on to Mr Harris. With respect Stephen, get rid of the ignition system. I have seen the bike and I hope you ride it as it needs the exercise. :)
I am glad you posted this on the open forum as it may stop further deceptive conduct by certain dealers.

STEPXL

VOC Member
What ignition system do you suggest? I am OS working at present so the Shadow is sitting all in a plastic bubble waiting for me up in Cairns