MO Drawing MO08

rapcom

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
My copy of MO08 is a scan of a faded photocopy of a tatty original, such that the drawings are hard to decipher and the writing is illegible. Could anyone offer a good clean scan of MO08 by email ?
Many thanks.

mr.hutch

VOC Member
Hi Rapcom,
are we talking about the same drawings as in the spares list?, as mine jumps from M003 to M009, no M008, I would be very interested to know what M008 refers to.

I have led a very sheltered life and may have missed something really important re. the Vin.

cheers mr Hutch

TE=rapcom;22898]My copy of MO08 is a scan of a faded photocopy of a tatty original, such that the drawings are hard to decipher and the writing is illegible. Could anyone offer a good clean scan of MO08 by email ?
Many thanks.[/QUOTE]

davidd

VOC Member
I have a copy of MO8, but I am not certain that it is any better than yours. It is the gear change adjustment drawing.

David

rapcom

VOC Member
For those like Roy and Mr.Hutch who don't happen to have seen them, there are MO drawings from the Series B era which did not make it through to the later Series C and D parts lists, and which are printed on unobtainium. They are less "formal" than the later ones, and often are more "how to" drawings and notes, rather than parts diagrams. One, for example, is how to fit a hydraulic damper to a B by hacksawing a slot in the rear of the UFM ! The MO08, as David says, is how to adjust the gear change mechanism.

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
This sounds like something i have read in either Richardson or K T B, certainly the phrase " a satisfactory gear change can be acheived" rings a rather big bell. Roy.

davidd

VOC Member
Roy,

I think that these drawings were discontinued because many of the items were eventually covered in the literature and the Series B items were replaced with Series C drawings. In the late 1940's, dealers had little information to go on and U.S. dealers like Gene Aucott complained to PCV that they needed information. Gene said that PCV showed up on one of his visits with copies of the original MO sheets under his arm (full size blue prints like one would see for construction details). The sheets were a mixed bag when I received them. Some damage and lots of fading, but Gene said that they were a lifesaver when he received them. They served as instruction sheets in the early years.

David

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
I was recently given a copy of MO06, how to fit a kick-start return spring. (Somewhere recently I learned that MO is an abbreviation of Modus Operandum, basically "how to".) MO06 looked familiar: the identical drawing is Fig 41 of Richardson. Much (but not all) of MO42 and 43, drawings of the Vincent factory panniers, is in KTB. So I think you are spot-on, David.
Roy,

I think that these drawings were discontinued because many of the items were eventually covered in the literature and the Series B items were replaced with Series C drawings. In the late 1940's, dealers had little information to go on and U.S. dealers like Gene Aucott complained to PCV that they needed information. Gene said that PCV showed up on one of his visits with copies of the original MO sheets under his arm (full size blue prints like one would see for construction details). The sheets were a mixed bag when I received them. Some damage and lots of fading, but Gene said that they were a lifesaver when he received them. They served as instruction sheets in the early years.

David

Chris Weir

Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Rapcom, I have reasonably good copies of series B drawings from MOO1 thru MO60 missing MO02,41,48,54-58.A lot of them are initialled RWJ during 1947.Cheers Chris Weir