MK1 carb tuning and BTH noise?

Bracker1

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Don't know who Casey Stoner is, but if he gets more than 35mpg on his Vincent I'm impressed. I have the BMW's I ride with set their odometer to 100 miles and fill up. Usually don't run out of fuel. Cheers, Dan

Howard

VOC Member
Don't know who Casey Stoner is, but if he gets more than 35mpg on his Vincent I'm impressed. I have the BMW's I ride with set their odometer to 100 miles and fill up. Usually don't run out of fuel. Cheers, Dan

I think we need to start a thread on this, I don't believe my engine is anything special. When touring France and Spain with a Z900 Kwacker he had to stop every 120 miles or so, but I was only putting in about 11 litres (let's go for middle ground) each stop. We checked after a run down from St Malo to Biaritz on non motorway roads - 450 (UK) miles :) - we'd averaged 50 mph including stops and 50 mpUKg (about 42 in US). That was two up with camping gear - there's a photo of us on this site in Andorra, you can see we didn't travel light.

H

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
My engines are Special, And i still get 50mpg, Unless somebody winds me up !!, And my special bike has 36mm delorto carbs !. Had a BMW K100 which did the same. Some of the new bikes are not very good on petrol, I don't think I would want to buy a bike that did less. But if I am short of cash I can always get the Comet out , Even in Grey Flash spec' They are Super !!. Enjoy the dry roads, Bill.