Where Are You Now? Missing Vincent Series D Rapide vrm: 101 DVX

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I was recently contacted by a man who used to know this D Rapide in Nottingham in the 1980's.
This 1955 D Rapide was owned by Dennis Rogers of Clifton, Nottingham UK, who sold it in the mid eighties and later sadly died in 1994.
According to DVLA 101 DVX was last taxed in Nov 1984. There is no export marker against it but it's believed it may have gone to Germany.
We have no record of any member ever owning the machine since it was new but of course the owner may not have been a member or just didn't tell us.
Does anyone know where it is or know anything about it?
Thanks
Jon Lambley
VOC Machine Researcher
DVX JL131020.jpg

Trickymicky

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I remember the bike, when it was at Dennis Roger's premises, Lowater Street Motors in the late 70's. By 1980's when i bought some parts off him, it was at his house, which i thought was the Woodthorpe area of Nottingham, but might be mistaken on that.

His son, Paul Rogers is on fb, and would know where it went.

Last edited:

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I remember the bike, when it was at Dennis Roger's premises, Lowater Street Motors in the late 70's. By 1980's when i bought some parts off him, it was at his house, which i thought was the Woodthorpe area of Nottingham, but might be mistaken on that.

His son, Paul Rogers is on fb, and would know where it went.
Thanks for that information and yes, we're in contact with him. Jon