ET: Engine (Twin) Missing Screw

Kevin Emery

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello

I have two large countersunk screws holding my G50 plate onto the Crankcase. The G50 plate is the large plate the kick start cover is secured to. Well I would have if they were both there. I have one screw in place and a very obvious hole where the other should be.

I need to find the part number of the screw so I can order one. I have checked the Spare Parts List and I can't find the screw there. It should be on page M032 Crankcase and Covers but I cannot see it.

If someone could help me with the part number I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Regards
Kevin

PS a ride a C series Rapide.

Cyborg

VOC Member

vibrac

VOC Member
E121 is superseded by 5/16" by 1/2" csk screw. how do I know? I put E121 in the little search box on the LH side top of Vincent spares page that search picks out all text on the shop try E80

Kevin Emery

VOC Member
Hello Vibrac & Cyborg
E80 is a lock nut, so not that. You have pointed me in the right direction though. I tried E121 on the VOC parts site and it shows it is superseded by 39SS. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
Regards
Kevin

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Hello

I have two large countersunk screws holding my G50 plate onto the Crankcase. The G50 plate is the large plate the kick start cover is secured to. Well I would have if they were both there. I have one screw in place and a very obvious hole where the other should be.

I need to find the part number of the screw so I can order one. I have checked the Spare Parts List and I can't find the screw there. It should be on page M032 Crankcase and Covers but I cannot see it.

If someone could help me with the part number I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Regards
Kevin

PS a ride a C series Rapide.
Parts drawing MO21 shows two 5/16" csk screws, part #39 that hold the footpad on the rear brake lever.
I guess the G50 screws are the same.

vibrac

VOC Member
Hello Vibrac & Cyborg
E80 is a lock nut, so not that. You have pointed me in the right direction though. I tried E121 on the VOC parts site and it shows it is superseded by 39SS. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
Regards
Kevin
I mentioned the E80 nut to demonstrate the usefulness of the text search

vibrac

VOC Member
Parts drawing MO21 shows two 5/16" csk screws, part #39 that hold the footpad on the rear brake lever.
I guess the G50 screws are the same.
Yes and then you find that certainly in the D list (all I have today) 39 is not in the hardware list I suppose staff did not care by 1954-5

Cyborg

VOC Member
My older book lists 39 and says 4 are required, so also assuming 2 for the pedal and 2 for the G50.

davidd

VOC Member
My older book lists 39 and says 4 are required, so also assuming 2 for the pedal and 2 for the G50.

Part number 39 replaced E121, which is the 5/16"BSW X 1/2" CS screw. The original spares book is the book to have when trying to understand and sort hardware. The groupings are much more useful and a careful look will locate the item.

David

Attachments

• HardwareGroup.pdf
    879.8 KB · Views: 28

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
Incidentally, Whitworth countersunk screws have a 90° included head angle, UNC are 82°. It may make a difference in a stressed application such as the G50 plate.