Missing part numbers.

GBewley

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
While most proprietary numbers in the parts list are fairly sequential, there are substantial gaps in the "nuts and bolts" section, those number only parts ranging from 69 to, I think, 1000. I don't have a Series A list, which may fill in some of the gaps, though I wouldn't think much. I do wonder where the other numbers were filled. Water-born mine fuses? Any thoughts?

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Whatever it is it is N-L -A, no longer available. If you cannot figure out the length or diameter of a missing fastener, maybe you should not be restoring a classic motorcycle!

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
G'day Glen.I think you may be right in that the Vincent Company was an engineering works and bought in fasteners as factory supplies,not just for motor cycles.The list goes well past 1000 and I can remember in the literature someone being very irate when it was proposed that all motorcycle parts be simply numbered instead of being coded to sub-assemblies.Maybe this will prompt a recollection or a memory.May be worthwhile chasing down parts lists for other Vincent products but please block your ears before investigating land mines!Cheers.

GBewley

VOC Member
Yes, Bruce, it was a question of curiosity. Roy, perhaps you need to read my query again. Although i appreciate your time, it would appear you are answering a question I did not ask.

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Hi, GBewley, If you re-read my message, I beleive I did ! These numbers are for parts for something you don't got. And can't be bougt as Vincent parts no more, so what difference?

Albervin

VOC Member
Whoa there. Some of us are just curious by nature and just want to know stuff that may be useless (or not). There were actually some different fasteners used on very early post war machines that do not appear in the parts list. Any more school boy bickering ( I am NOT calling either of you school boys OK) and a forum moderator may have to draw a line in the sand. Goodnight.