Missing MPH pages

Sakura

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Got my MPH this morning. Is anyone else missing some pages with others doubled up?

Sakura

Non-VOC Member
Thanks Graham. I particularly wanted to read Dick Byatt's obituary as he was a friend. His obituary was on the missing pages although Sam Pick has put it on the forum.

Russell Kemp

VOC Member
Hi Sakura, hearing that Dick had passed away was also sad news for me. He used to buy parts from me and was always a pleasure to talk to. My dad had a Rapide for sale that had been under a chicken shed for years and I knew that Dick was looking for a Twin so I gave Dick a call. The deal was done and Dick asked if I could deliver it. The bike was loaded in to my Volvo estate and I set off to Norfolk. Long story short it snowed all day and by the time I got to Dick's house it was clear that I was not going home so a bed was offered for the night. Dick and Jacky treated me to a meal in a local pub then it was back to Dick's for a few glasses of scotch. The next day I had a tour of the workshop that had been rebuilt after a fire that had resulted in the death of Dick's son trying to save one of Dick's classic cars. I would like to say that Dick was a customer but more to the point he was a friend.

Brian Magee

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Mine is the same. It jumps from page 8 to 17 then from page 24 repeats 17 on to centre page 32.

A new copy would be appreciated.

Brian. 20005AA

Sakura

Non-VOC Member
Hi Sakura, hearing that Dick had passed away was also sad news for me. He used to buy parts from me and was always a pleasure to talk to. My dad had a Rapide for sale that had been under a chicken shed for years and I knew that Dick was looking for a Twin so I gave Dick a call. The deal was done and Dick asked if I could deliver it. The bike was loaded in to my Volvo estate and I set off to Norfolk. Long story short it snowed all day and by the time I got to Dick's house it was clear that I was not going home so a bed was offered for the night. Dick and Jacky treated me to a meal in a local pub then it was back to Dick's for a few glasses of scotch. The next day I had a tour of the workshop that had been rebuilt after a fire that had resulted in the death of Dick's son trying to save one of Dick's classic cars. I would like to say that Dick was a customer but more to the point he was a friend.
Dick was one of my lecturers at Ipswich Civic College in my first year Motor Vehicle Technicians course. He was very young then and seemed more one of us than the older lecturers. Of course, the fact we both came from the same area and knew the same motorcycling friends helped. Dick suffered a series of serious medical problems in his last years but never complained although his description of his surgery sometimes got a bit graphic! He really was one of the best and will be missed by all who knew him.

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Dick was one of my lecturers at Ipswich Civic College in my first year Motor Vehicle Technicians course. He was very young then and seemed more one of us than the older lecturers. Of course, the fact we both came from the same area and knew the same motorcycling friends helped. Dick suffered a series of serious medical problems in his last years but never complained although his description of his surgery sometimes got a bit graphic! He really was one of the best and will be missed by all who knew him.
I remember when Dick first arrived at one of our Sunday lunch meetings on his Rapide We have not met him before but he soon joined in with the regulars.He told me afterwards how pleased with the reception he got from those present that day, having been concerned how a newcomer would be received.Thereafter Dick and Jackie turned up regularly. Great chap, sorely missed.

Sakura

Non-VOC Member
I remember when Dick first arrived at one of our Sunday lunch meetings on his Rapide We have not met him before but he soon joined in with the regulars.He told me afterwards how pleased with the reception he got from those present that day, having been concerned how a newcomer would be received.Thereafter Dick and Jackie turned up regularly. Great chap, sorely missed.
Whilst there may be other sections that are as welcoming to newcomers as the Suffolk and Norfolk sections are, there can be none that are better. A great group of friendly enthusiasts, many of whom are long, long term Vincent owners.