Mirrors

A-BCD

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I've only seen them at Battlesbridge autojumble, although I'm sure the stallholder goes all over. No idea of the manufacturer, sorry !!

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Stuart, those mirrors shown on your bike are available from several sources. Someone mentioned Motrax-they have ceased trading but there are plenty of others. Just type in "Motorcycle Mirrors" in your search engine and you are bound to find the 3" ones like yours. Two points to look out for: I found it necessary to run the appropriate metric tap through the cone-shaped nut to clear the threads and the paint finish on the black version appears to suseptable to salt attack. Overwise, an excellent product.

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Stuart, those mirrors shown on your bike are available from several sources. Someone mentioned Motrax-they have ceased trading but there are plenty of others. Just type in "Motorcycle Mirrors" in your search engine and you are bound to find the 3" ones like yours. Two points to look out for: I found it necessary to run the appropriate metric tap through the cone-shaped nut to clear the threads and the paint finish on the black version appears to suseptable to salt attack. Overwise, an excellent product.

Hi Len,
Sorry, I think you may be mistaken. If you re-read my post I talk about the articulation of the mirror. I have not yet come across any of the cheaper versions that have that articulation. Certainly the Motrax one did/does not. There are plenty of 3 inch mirrors around, but the CRC are the only ones I have come across that fold flat.

Have you come across one that I have missed which folds?

I'd love to know, the CRC ones are superb, but not cheap.

Good to hear from you, have a great rally this weekend. Martyn, Paul and I are off to the French tomorrow evening.

Cheers

Stuart

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
I have the same bar-end mirror as shown in July 2011 MPH, but with a round head. It is, I think, prettier. They cost about £35, and now i remember that they are called Halcyon, and have stainless heads, and are possibly all stainless. They are widely available. Once set (metric threads) it stays put, doesn't blur excessively, and folds In for garaging. The round head one has enough curvature to give a good wide-angle view, without vehicles more than 50 yards behind appearing as pin-pricks. I reckon I can see traffic 200 yards back in enough detail to register blue lights on the roof. I can set it so that my elbow just appears on screen as a reference, while giving me a good view of the lane I'm in, and the one to the right of that. Or, I suppose, the left if that was what you needed.

MMMmmm. Sorry, I think some of these mirrors are form over function. I want to see more than my elbow or shoulder. I agree with Peter that the mirrors on the bike on the cover of July 2011 MPH are
not pretty (NOT that I have received said magazine yet!!!!!!!!!). My Stadium mirrors give a good view behind and to the side. Luckily I do not have osteo arthritis in my neck so I do check left and right before
committing to a lane change or turn. Those small round mirrors MUST give a limited rear view unless they are convex, in which case they are deadly!

Joshua Mackay-Smith

VOC Member
I have Napoleons on my Rapide--similar to Stadiums, available in chrome or black and a quick Google search turns up a number of sellers charging anywhere from $30 to $40 per mirror (though I think the local independent BMW mechanic charged me less than that for mine). I don't know how easy they are to find in the UK.

jdms

greg burt

Non-VOC Member
Gday Ian
Motociclo 95-97 Princes HWY St Peters
Try a Scooter supplier for the elderly some use bar end mirrors (my shadow has a Black one from a scooter , No weight, and it cost me $22
Greg

Albervin

VOC Member
Gday Ian
Motociclo 95-97 Princes HWY St Peters
Try a Scooter supplier for the elderly some use bar end mirrors (my shadow has a Black one from a scooter , No weight, and it cost me $22
Greg
Greg, I have a mobility scooter to go with the mirror. Yours for a bargain $600!
:cool: