Misc: Everything Else Miller No 42 Brake Switch Early Rapide

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I copied the one from /34 and made a couple of replicas some 20 years ago. I machined the housings from solid and bonded the fibre disk in with silicone. The original was repaired (Broken fibre disk) and is still functioning on /34

BrakeLSw.JPG

Buster

Forum User
VOC Member
Just had a thought about the retention method for the Red Terminal plate in Roberts photo above. If you look at my photo, there is a small 'U' shaped groove in the bottom of the housing lip, could this be for a spring clip, similar to that in the Miller stop light ? Also, returning to the 3-Off tuffnol diaphragms, these look so well made that they may be original, packing pieces perhaps. ?

Dave

Attachments

• P1030534.JPG
    P1030534.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
When you say Bob, I know you are talking about me as I now have to go to my Mother's grave and redo the landscaping, as although she is not still with us, people calling me Bob make her spin in her grave! :D

As for me, you can call me Bob but I may not recognize that I am being addressed.

Now back to No 42. The original I took apart which I had every reason to believe was original was crimped, and as the fibre disk had disintegrated it was not difficult to unroll the crimp enough to fit a new disk and recrimp the lip. Although if I was making another your idea of a tail light type circular spring clip would be a good one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom Gross

New Forum User
VOC Member
Hello All,
I've got a the replica miller no. 42 brake light switch from Mitch Talcove. Now, I just need to get the dimensions of the mounting piece to tie it to the RFM. I thought I'd found a drawing of it some time ago on thevincent.com, but I can't find it now. Any help would be appreciated.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I used ET186 mag cowel tab to mount the early round Miller brake switch. Fits perfect and has the right diameter holes in it as well.