craig

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Vincent lighting set on a 47 build sheet lists the following, see photo -
BuildSheetLighting1.jpg
MILLER DYN 92
H/LAMPS 94E
T/LAMPS 30E
I need help with details on Miller 94E headlamp.
Catalog listing, parts breakdown, etc.
Also..... the Miller No 30E tail lamp is clearly stamped, how about the 94E headlamp?
IMG_5755SmallStamp.jpg
Cheers
Craig

passenger0_0

Non-VOC Member
Hi Craig - No numbers on either the inside or outside of the headlight on my early Rapide. I would appreciate it if you could please send me by pm a photo of the complete tail light showing the location of the location of the No 30E as I've got a reproduction one on mine. Cheers David

Albervin

VOC Member
I have seen original and untouched late 1947 bikes with both the big and small headlights. In my opinion the big 8" unit is the best on Brampton forked machines; they look pre-war as do the forks. The 30E is stamped at the 12 O'clock position close to the rim on the tail light. The stamping is usually quite light and often made almost invisible by a coat of paint. The best way to tell a repro from original is the contacts for the bulbs.

craig

VOC Member
No 30E, No 42E, No 94E

Hi Craig - No numbers on either the inside or outside of the headlight on my early Rapide. I would appreciate it if you could please send me by pm a photo of the complete tail light showing the location of the location of the No 30E as I've got a reproduction one on mine. Cheers David
Here is photo of No 30E. i have a repo headlite and need the ammeter light slot put where it needs to go , Do you have any dimensions please?
A knowledgable Vincent person will be able to tell quickly even if this is stamp present....why the repos cant get it right is a continual amazment.
MillerNo30EIMG_5755.jpg
Anyone have a Miller brochure or literature on the Vincent related items? No30E, No42E, No94E, handlebar dimmer, H/L four pos switch, No832 ammeter, wire harness, ???

Last edited:

Albervin

VOC Member
With or without the 30E stamped on a repro light, a knowledgeable Vincent person could still pick it as a repro because the contacts at the rear are totally different. Once you blur the line between original and repro you end up with a fake. The stamp on the light in your picture is very clear compared to ones I have. Mine have to be viewed at a certain angle in the right light to see them :)

craig

VOC Member
What are the dimensions and picture of the No42E mounting bracket? Are any switches available? Anyone have a stash and spare one for an early Rapide?
Cheers
Craig
No42E_PressedSteelSingleStud.jpg

Albervin

VOC Member
As far as I can recall there is no mounting bracket, it just bolts onto the bike. Ask Ernesto or Robert for the only way out..... make one!

craig

VOC Member
I am certain there is a bracket required for this Miller No42E. I probably could guess as to how it was shaped and dimensioned, but it would be nice to see a photo of an original. I understand this Miller switch No42E was used thru Rapide F10AB/1/341
The early B's used a 5/16 "480" bolt at the rear handle loop mount - there is a pdf in throwing light members section on this subject, but the pdf lacks the bracket detail.....I think the bracket was fastened at this.
Cheers
Craig

craig

VOC Member
I have found that the Miller Hi/Lo dimmer switch D/2 was installed on the right side of the handle bar next to the throttle on early B Rapides and the Lucas horn button was on the left. Was this a carry over from prewar A series?
All the restored C models seem to have the opposite set up. When did this change?
Cheers
Craig
May29_1947TheMotorCycleHbSmall.jpg

Last edited: