Misc: Electrical (General) Miller Lighting on a 1947 Rapide

craig

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
How many Rapides were fitted with Miller D9S VR dynamo? .........I guess meaning how many were fitted with a scallop to fit 3.5" Miller?
Reference in production modifications says 746. So even the early B Shadows were fitted with D9S?

craig

VOC Member
Double plug in hand

I now have found a double plug for the D9S VR Miller dynamo. +D, +B and ? terminals are wired how originally? Any photos of D9S installations on Vincent, early B Rapides?
IMG_6669MillerPlugWires.JPG

Rob H

VOC Member
With or without the 30E stamped on a repro light, a knowledgeable Vincent person could still pick it as a repro because the contacts at the rear are totally different. Once you blur the line between original and repro you end up with a fake. The stamp on the light in your picture is very clear compared to ones I have. Mine have to be viewed at a certain angle in the right light to see them :)

Wahts the contacts on an original one look like? any chance of a photo?

A

alan wright

Hi Craig, there are full details/ measurements of the switch and mounting plate in MPH November 1995, number 562. There is no record of a Vincent part number.
I never fitted one to my 47 B as I have retro fitted a centre mudguard stay and bolted the Miller switch straight onto that.
Hope this helps, best regards, Alan