Miller D6 Dynamo End Cover

Pharquarx

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hello All,
I obtained a beautiful restored/reconditioned Miller D6 dynamo for my 1950 Comet. It did not, however, come with an end cover. I have made a few inquiries on ebay, etc. with no success. Can anyone direct me or, have one that I can purchase? Top dollar (or in this case, coin of the realm) paid. It is one of the last few items that I need to get my beast back on the road, just in time for Spring.
Thanks in advance.
Charlie

Pharquarx

Non-VOC Member
Got what I needed, thanks much to all who responded with help and direction. I estimate to be on the road within three weeks!!!!!!

Alan J

VOC Member
Charlie, I too had a 1951 Douglas Vespa in 1958- paid 27 pounds for it!!I painted it Black and light blue in memory of my Father's 1935 3 wheeler Morgan {the Morgan is still around}, I doubt if the Vespa is!! What is a "Vespa Messersmicht?"

peterg

Non-VOC Member
Howdy Chaps,

..a bit squirelly at speed, but always trusty - my 67 Vespa SS180 - 8 trips to Bike Week and counting. 65mph top end and 60-80K miles between bottom end rebuilds, many of its two wheeled big brothers can't lay claim to the latter.

vespasmall.gif

Pharquarx

Non-VOC Member
As I understand it, Piaggio's (the manufacturer of Vespa) strategy post war was to engage companies to manufacture within the country that they wanted to sell to. Hence, one has the Douglas Vespa for example, of which the rod model was based on the 1949 Piaggio produced Vespa body with the UK Douglas running gear. The body styling differences were subtle, such as the front light on the front fender for the Italian model and on the cowl for the UK model, different badge, etc.

In Germany, Hoffmann was originally engaged to produce Vespas for the German market in the early 50s. After Piaggio and Hoffmann had a falling out in the mid-50s, Messerschmitt was engaged to build for the German market. The really nice thing about the Messerschmitts is that the body was German built and sturdy as all get out, but the running gear was Piaggio with it's proven operation and design. Styling wise however, a Vespa is a Vespa is a Vespa. I think this arrangement remained in place from 1956 to 1958.

My story is that I was never allowed anything motorized on two wheels growing up. Now that I am 60 (and an orphan) I get to do what I want. The scooters were my original two wheel interest. My first real motorcycle is the 1950 Vincent Comet that I now have, nothing like starting off right!!!!!