Miller 8 inch headlight rims

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Problem with some of the repo ones is the rim/glass assembly can fall out over a good bump in the road surface. The bucket lugs at the top are a bit light on and the springs on the repo catch at the bottom are too week by comparison to the original ones.......keep looking and you will find original parts.

vibrac

VOC Member
Problem with some of the repo ones is the rim/glass assembly can fall out over a good bump in the road surface. The bucket lugs at the top are a bit light on and the springs on the repo catch at the bottom are too week by comparison to the original ones.......keep looking and you will find original parts.
Slap a good bead of silicone round the rim

Shane998

Non-VOC Member
Did they have Miller pressed into the top of the rim the same as 6.5inch Miller’s did?
A metalspinning company in Uk called Hipwell Arden had 8 inch rims code MHR8 they have logo in them but you can take off chrome and shrink the logo back in then rechrome Seems many non original rims aren’t perfect fit but not to hard to make up a dolly and use a little persuasion Some Velocettes used miller 8 inch and ones I’ve seen don’t have the logo either A few years ago I was outbid for an original 8 inch rim by Frank Trento and I still kick myself when I think about it Happy days

John Appleton

VOC Member
Hi John
I have just measured my Bramptons, top link 3 3/8" centre to centre.
Dick
hi Dick, thanks for that ,still trying to convince myself that I should re-fit them. They look spindly and wrong to me!! (Ducks to avoid flack). As a point of interest, the original chrome rim has no logo embossed. It is plain. John.

Last edited:

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Last year I bought an eight-inch Miller headlamp chrome-plated with two holes in it for the switch and amp meter £65 tried to take a screenshot to show here but it keeps disappearing into a folder I don't know how to access. Any way the rim does have a Miller embossed on it with an old type prefocus holder with an LED lamp that I need to test out in the dark as it looks to have a very good cut off dip beam but can't tell the main beam. The Indian trader is no longer registered with eBay,
bananaman.